27 Dec Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra vs. Ceramic Pro: How These Top Ceramic Coatings for Cars Can Protect Your Automobile
Do you observe that the paint of your auto fading lately, and you feel the need to apply the best ceramic coatings to regain its luster? Ceramic coating products are growing in popularity due to their effectiveness in maintaining the appearance of automobiles as if they are still brand new.
The ceramic coating market worldwide is projected to reach $13.1 billion by 2025. The products are in demand in the automobile and transportation sector due to their anti-corrosion properties. They are also known for their resistance to heat and abrasion. Consequently, ceramic coatings are gradually replacing traditional wax as the preferred product to provide a finished polish look in cars.
What is Ceramic Coating?
Ceramic coatings are innovative auto detailing products for protecting the exterior of your car against hazardous media and environmental contaminants. These harmful substances include bird droppings, road salts, and insect acids.
They also protect your vehicle against swirling, oxidation, minor scratches, and the damaging rays of the sun!
In this article, we will be discussing the different benefits of ceramic coatings and how to maintain your car with the finish properly. We will also compare the best ceramic coatings for cars in the market today: Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra and Ceramic Pro.
Benefits of Ceramic Coatings for Cars
Ceramic coatings maintain the luster of your automobile and add value to your vehicle. After the surface is applied, it generates a semi-permanent or permanent bond with your car’s factory paint to establish a protective layer. Here are some benefits and advantages ceramic coatings can provide to your auto:
- Facilitate the cleaning of your car because its hydrophobicity will allow contaminants like dirt, snow, mud, bird droppings, and grime to slide off the surface quickly.
- Establish a hydrophobic surface to prevent the adverse effects of water on your vehicle’s surface coating.
- Improve the luster and day-to-day appearance of your automobile
- Protect against oxidation or fading of your car’s paint due to ultraviolet (UV) rays from the sun
- Prevent chemical stains and etch marks due to acidic substances
- Safeguard your vehicle against accidental scratches
- Maintain the glow of your automobile as if it came out of the showroom
Tips on Properly Cleaning and Maintaining Your Car with Ceramic Coating
Your vehicle still needs regular washing and maintenance, even if it is already coated with ceramic coating. You should practice good cleaning and maintenance procedures to optimize the performance and longevity of your finish. Here are some tips in cleaning and maintaining your ceramic-coated car:
- Wash your vehicle regularly
- Avoid washing your car in direct sunlight or while it is still hot to prevent the quick evaporation of water. The rapid water evaporation can leave water spots on your finish and reduce the effectiveness of the car wash chemicals.
- Utilize a premium wash media like microfiber washing mitt during washing
- Use a dedicated car wash soap rather than household cleaning agents
- Rinse your auto thoroughly to eliminate trapped debris
- During the washing proper, use the two-bucket method to prevent waste matter and contaminant from your mitt
- Wash one section at a time to ensure thorough cleaning
- Wipe dry your vehicle by using a clean microfiber car towel or air blower
- Avoid using automatic car washes to avoid swirl marks and deep scratches in your coating
- Do not wash your vehicle within seven days of ceramic coating application. Also, keep the car indoors for several hours after the process.
- Do not spray the film edges when you are using a pressure washer during your cleaning to avoid damaging your finish
- Remove bird droppings, tree sap, and insect carcasses from your finish immediately
- Avoid wiping your coating when it is dry
- Refrain from using aggressive force or chemicals during cleaning to avoid accidental damages to your finish
- Do not ever employ a powered buffer on your finish to prevent permanent marks
- Remember to put extra care when cleaning your car to optimize the benefits of your finish.
Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra Versus Ceramic Pro: A Detailed Comparison
You already know the benefits of ceramic coatings and how to properly maintain your finish. It is time to review the two best products in the market for you to make an informed choice on what is best for your car.
Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra
This ceramic coating finish from Gtechniq has already gained the trust of millions of car enthusiasts due to its effectiveness in protecting a vehicle’s exterior. The product provides high-performance protection to an automobile’s factory paint against environmental contaminants, chemical stains, and oxidation due to sun exposure.
When using Crystal Serum Ultra, you can decide whether you need a coating that sheets or beads. The water-sheeting effect is achieved through the application of the standard product.
If you want a beading effect, apply first the Gtechniq EXO coating, which is a hydrophobic topper. Gtechniq calls this option as the Crystal Serum Ultra Black coating.
Furthermore, the application of Crystal Serum Ultra includes a multi-step paint-correction polishing to remove paint defects and improve the gloss and smoothness of your finish.
Finally, the coating employs a 10H nanotechnology to ensure the longevity of protection. The product can last for at least 84 months!
One of the best ceramic coatings for cars in the market today, Ceramic Pro offers optimum protection to your vehicle’s finish. The product consists of novel ceramic molecular compounds that form solid coatings on top of your auto’s factory paint upon application.
With a hardness of more than 9H, Ceramic Pro is one of the hardest paint coatings in the market today. Consequently, it offers one of the most hardened barrier against minor scratches and environmental hazards.
Furthermore, the coating will not fade or age because of its ultraviolet (UV) protection. The product also significantly reduces the surface tension of your finish, thus, preventing contaminants like graffiti paint, bird droppings, dirt, and bugs from bonding to the finish.
Similar Features of Ceramic Pro and Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra
Car enthusiasts have already tested the toughness and durability of these leading ceramic coating products. To compare them, let us first look at their similarities. Here are some of them:
Both ceramic coatings enhance the gloss of your car’s finish
The coats provide the best protection and luster to your vehicle’s exterior. They will make your car look brand new for a long time. As long as the appropriate paint correction was conducted before their application, they will improve the clarity and depth of your car’s finish.
Both coatings facilitate cleaning or car washing your auto
Both products establish a hydrophobic and chemical-resistant surface upon curing, thus, preventing foreign bodies and environmental contaminants from bonding with your paint. Their hydrophobicity will make your car easy to clean.
Both products offer sturdy protection against environmental hazards and ultraviolet (UV) damage
Millions of car owners attest to the products’ effectiveness in preserving an auto’s factory paint against oxidation due to UV exposure, as well as chemical stains and etching.
Both are ineffective in preventing rock chips and scratches
The ceramic coatings cannot provide the same protection given by paint protection films when it comes to the prevention of rock chips and scratches.
Differences Between Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra and Ceramic Pro
The two top coatings have several contrasting features. Here are some of them:
The products have different warranties
Ceramic Pro provides a lifetime warranty for its Gold Package of coat, while Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra offers a 9-year guarantee.
However, you should maintain your Ceramic Pro finish according to the firm’s standard and subject it to yearly inspection by accredited installers to avail of the warranty.
Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra is harder than Ceramic Pro
The Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra has a Mohs Hardness Scale rating of 10H, while Ceramic Pro claims that it is rated 9H.
A Mohs Hardness Scale measures the relative scratch resistance of different minerals against ten reference minerals. Based on the scale, minerals with a 1H rating are the least scratch resistant, and 10H is the most.
Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra can both achieve water beading and to sheeting, while Ceramic Pro does not
Water beading means water runs off the paint freely, while water sheeting allows minimal water on the finish. The standard Crystal Serum Ultra application achieves water sheeting.
The water beading effect is achieved when the hydrophobic topper Gtechniq EXO is applied first in the application option called Crystal Serum Ultra Black.
Both Ceramic Pro and Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra are excellent products for maintaining the brand new look of your car and protecting its value. However, the quality of your finish still depends on the expertise of the installer who applied it.
To ensure a quality coating, you should seek the services of a professional ceramic coating installer to do the job.